Ultem 1010 (PEI)
Ultem 1010 (PEI) is an amorphous high-performance plastic based on polyetherimide (PEI). Its most important advantages are an outstanding tensile strength combined with a very high flexural modulus as well as a very good combustion behaviour: PEI is low fuming and achieves the highest flamability ratings according to all common standards.
Advantages of PEI:
- highest tensile strength at room temperature of all unmodified high-performance plastics
- very high mechanical strength and rigidity
- high heat deflection temperature
- low creep tendency
- resistance to various chemicals
- very high flame resistance
- physiologically harmless
PEI - application fields:
- electronics and electrical appliance
- medical technology
The named materials are registered trademarks of the respective manufacturers.